West Michigan A&WMA
23rd Annual Spring Conference
2018 Event Sponsors:
BREAKFAST: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
BREAKS: Barr Engineering Company
LUNCH: Barnes & Thornburg LLP
HAPPY HOUR: Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
PRIZE DRAWING: Taplin Group, LLC
You are invited to join us at our Annual Spring Conference! The agenda is as follows:
Morning Plenary Session:
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Division Directors
– Mary Ann Dolehanty, Acting Director, Air Quality Division
– Kathy Shirey, Acting Director, Remediation and Redevelopment Division
– Jack Schinderle, Director, Waste Management and Radiological Protection Division
- New Environmental Clean-up Funding Initiatives – Susan Wenzlick, Brownfield Redevelopment Unit, MDEQ
Luncheon Keynote: EPA Priorities and Goals in the Trump Administration – Cathy Stepp, EPA Region V Administrator; Introduction by MDEQ Director, Heidi Grether
Afternoon Breakout Track 1 - Air:
- Impacts of Ozone Nonattainment Designations – Erica Wolf, MDEQ
- Air Quality Permit to Install Exemptions - Navigating Meaningful Change, Rule 290/291, and Other Recent Changes – Tracey McDonald, MDEQ; Stephanie Jarrett, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber
Afternoon Breakout Track 2 - Remediation:
- Vapor Intrusion - Department of Health and Human Services Perspective – Lisa Quiggle, Acting Manager, MDHHS
- Emerging Contaminants - PFAS Sampling and Analysis – Brian Rice, Fleis & VandenBrink Engineering; Nathan Eklund, Pace Analytical Services
Afternoon Plenary Session:
- Process and Politics of New Environmental Legislation - Panel Discussion
– John Dulmes, Michigan Chemistry Council
– Maggie Palone, Public Sector Consultants
Conference immediately followed by a Prize Drawing* and Happy Hour
Early-bird registration ends April 13.
Refunds provided through end of business on April 20.
*$500.00 gift certificate to the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa. The Certificate will be good for any of the services available, lodging, dining, golf, spa, etc. Must be present to win.