Federal and State Regulatory Changes on the Horizon
BREAKFAST SPONSORED BY BARR ENGINEERING CO.
Morning Plenary Session:
Keynote: Changes as Michigan's New Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) Evolves from Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) – Aaron Keatley (MDEQ Chief Deputy Director)
MORNING NETWORKING BREAK SPONSORED BY F&V ENGINEERING & OPERATIONS
How to Prepare for an Inspection and Navigate Enforcement – Kaitlyn DeVries (MDEQ), Trista Gregorski (Holland BPW), and Ron Baylor (Miller Canfield)
LUNCH SPONSORED BY NTH CONSULTANTS, LTD.
Lunch/State of the Chapter and Awards
Environmental Aspects of the Budding Marijuana Industry – Bob Elmouchi (MDEQ), Kaitlyn Leffert (MDEQ), and Landon Bartley (City of Grand Rapids)
Updates from the MDEQ Divisions
• Sue Leeming – Remediation and Redevelopment Division
• Jack Schinderle – Waste Management and Radiological Protection Division
• Jay Olaguer – Air Quality Division
• Jon Russell – Water Resources Division
AFTERNOON NETWORKING BREAK SPONSORED BY VARNUM LLP
Afternoon Breakout Track 1 - Air:
Moderator: Chris Occhipinti (NTH Consultants)
• Updates on Litigation and Policy Changes Under the Trump Administration – Kurt Kissling (Warner Norcross + Judd)
• Nonattainment Area Updates – Trace McDonald (MDEQ)
• Updates on Permit to Install Exemptions: Meaningful Change, Rules 285, 290, and 291 – Trace McDonald (MDEQ)
Afternoon Breakout Track 2 - Waste:
Moderator: Tammy Helminski (Barnes & Thornburg LLP)
• Recent Changes to Part 201 “Cleanup Criteria” – Sue Leeming (MDEQ-RRD)
• How Do I Get Rid of That? Real World Examples of Waste Characterization, Disposal, and Disposal Alternatives – Kerry Puzio (Taplin Holdings)
Conference immediately followed by a Raffle Drawing and Happy Hour
RAFFLE DRAWING* SPONSORED BY FTCH
HAPPY HOUR SPONSORED BY TAPLIN GROUP
Early-bird registration ends April 12.
*We will be giving away an Apple Watch!! (Must be present to win.)
Please note, the last date to cancel your reservation is Friday the 26th at 3:30 PM. After this date we are unable to provide a refund, and any unpaid registrations will be invoiced. Thank you for understanding.